Fall is in the air and with it comes the excitement of seasons changing and holidays approaching. Embrace this change by decorating your home, inside and out, with beautiful fall flowers and accent pieces. You’ll feel renewed and ready for the upcoming season as you enjoy the new look and feel of your home.
Updating your home’s look each season doesn’t have to mean a complete makeover. A few quick, easy changes can be the difference between the same old routine and a fresh, exciting look. The floral experts at Kittelberger Florist & Gifts are eager to help you create a fall front porch you’re proud of. Take a look at some of our great tips and ideas, plus a few reasons why updating your porch’s look is so important.
Why You Should Fill Your Porch With Fall Freshness
Mums and Pumpkins
Creating inspiring seasonal decor can be fun and exciting. But we also find it serves a few important purposes as well. From creating bonds with neighbors to embracing change, there’s a significance to decorating that shouldn’t be overlooked. Here are a few great reasons to decorate your front porch for fall:
- A Quick Makeover: Giving your home an updated look will fill you and your family with a renewed energy for the coming season. It’s also a great way to embrace the inevitable change that comes with a new season. Bright, seasonal flowers and natural elements like pumpkins, apples and Indian corn are great ways to update your home’s look.
- Inspire Neighbors: Bringing the neighborhood together is always healthy, and sometimes porch decor is the way to do it! As your neighbors see your gorgeous fall display, they’ll be inspired to create their own. Offer tips and even extra accent pieces to build friendships with your neighbors.
- Welcome Holidays: When we see fall decor around town, we know the holiday season is quickly approaching. Help everyone on your block anticipate the upcoming holidays when you display your colorful fall mums and bright sunflowers.
- Warm Entrance: You want everyone who visits your home to feel welcome, and that starts with the front porch. As guests approach your front door, they’ll feel a comforting sense of the season and be right at home before they even come inside.
Fill Creative Fall Containers With Fall Flowers
Metal and Wooden Fall Buckets
The vessels you choose for displaying fall flowers across your front porch can be as creative and stylish as you are. Think outside the rustic, wooden box for a few fun ideas about displaying your fall plants and flowers.
- Pumpkins: Carve out a pumpkin and fill it with a gorgeous croton like our Croton Petra for a fun, surprising twist.
- Baskets: Soften the look of more rugged gourds and dried corn when you place them in woven baskets. These are also great for storing porch blankets for chilly nights.
- Barrels: Overturned barrels make fantastic tabletops for showcasing potted daisies or piles of pumpkins in a variety of sizes.
- Galvanized Metal: Buckets or tubs can be used to hold a variety of items, from oversized Russian sage to corn stalks tied with burlap.
Bring Fresh Inspiration to Your Fall Front Porch
Adding a few extra accent pieces to your front porch will make the overall look a scene worthy of a magazine. Think about comfortable, rustic blends that will make a pleasing display. Here are a few ideas to get your started:
Painted Fall Pumpkins
- Rocking Chair: A wooden rocking chair with a flannel or wool blanket draped across the back can hold a cheerful scarecrow or a large pumpkin for an inviting look.
- Wagon: A little red wagon makes a great display case for piles of pumpkins. Choose alternatives to orange, like blues, grays, or whites, for an even more eclectic look. Or, place an oversized Hardy Mum Plant in your wagon for a gorgeous display.
- Ladder: Lean a wooden ladder against the wall and use the rungs as shelves to display small pots of petunias or daisies, along with mini-pumpkins and squash.
- Chalkboard: Welcome friends and family with a fall greeting that hangs on your front door or stands in the front window.
The possibilities are truly endless when you choose to decorate your front porch for the fall season. Opt for warm colors and materials, a mix of natural elements and fresh autumn flowers and you’ll have a winning combination every time. The professionals at Kittelberger Florist & Gifts want you to enjoy your front porch to the fullest this season. Let us know how we can help you with more tips and ideas, or even about how to care for your fall flowers. Make memories this fall on your new fall front porch.