A Webster, NY Staple Since 1928
In 1928, Will and Jenny Kittelberger started Kittelberger Florist on North Avenue in Webster, NY, with a small store and a greenhouse attached to their home. With no children of their own, the Kittelbergers turned over the floral shop to their gardener, Willy Fuchs, and his wife, Pauline, in the 1940s. Generations of the Fuchs family have run Kittelberger Florist since then.
The Kittelbergers sold mostly plants from their greenhouse, and it was Willy who really grew the fresh flowers business. After Willy and Pauline retired, their daughter, Hilda, and her husband, Martin Horeth, took over the daily operations of the business. Today, Hilda and Martin's children, Jeanette, Bill, Debbie, Cathy, and Meg, all work at Kittelberger Florist together, with the help of several children from the fourth generation.
In 2001, the florist shop was rebuilt in the same location. In the early days of the business only a few employees were running the shop. Today, they have over 45 employees, a 22,000-square-foot showroom of flowers and gifts, and one greenhouse.
Kittelberger Florist has been a mainstay in Webster and its surrounding communities for over 94 years. The family has gotten to know and appreciate the generations of families who have turned to Kittelberger Florist for all of life's flower-filled occasions. The flower shop will continue to remain in the family for a long time.